Class 3 - Manual Transmission Vehicle (HONDA CITY)
Class 3A - Automatic Transmission Vehicle (HONDA NEW CITY)
Classification of Class 3 Motor Vehicles Licence
Motor cars =<3000 kg with =<7 passengers, exclusive of the driver and Motor Tractors/Vehicles =<2500 kg
Classification of Class 3A Motor Vehicles Licence
Motor cars without clutch pedals =<3000 kg with =<7 passengers, exclusive of the driver and Motor Tractors/Vehicles without clutch pedals =<2500 kg
- The Class 3/3A driving course is valid for 1 year from the date of enrolment.
- All student (70 years of age and below) will be insured with a personal accident insurance for a period of 1 year (non - renewable)
Types of Class 3/Class 3A Courses
- Class 3C - Has not passed any Traffic Police Theory Test. It is a theory and practical course
- Class 3B - Passed Basic Theory Test. It is a Final theory and practical course
- Class 3F - Passed Basic and Final Theory Test. Needs to attend one defensive theory lesson and practical course.
- Class 3T - Theory Course only. Student can convert the theory course to practical course by topping up the enrolment fee of S$53.50.
||Basic Theory Test
||Final Theory Test
||Theory Lesson Fee
All fees are inclusive of GST
- 18 years old and above (based on date of birth)
- Enrol in person and pass an eyesight and colour blindness test
- Physically and mentally fit
- Must not accumulate more than 12 demerit points under the Driver Improvement Points System (DIPS)
- Must not have any class (es) of Qualified Driving Licence / Provisional Driving Licence under revocation, disqualification or suspension
Enrolment Documents (In Person)
- Identity Card or Passport
- One recent passport size photograph
- A valid employment pass, work permit, student pass, dependant's pass and PR (foreigner only)
- If you have any serious traffic offences pending against you, you are advised not to apply for a licence. This is because if you are eventually disqualified by court from holding or obtaining a driving licence, the disqualification could be for all classes of driving licence including any newly acquired licence.
- If you have been awarded more than 12 demerit points, or have cases pending against you which will make you liable to be awarded a total of more than 12 demerit points, you will not be allowed to take a theory / practical driving test.
- New driver who has two cases of not displaying distinguishing mark (triangular sign) against them, whether the cases are concluded or otherwise, will not be allowed to take a theory / practical driving test.
- For conversion case, if you have been issued a new identification number (from FIN to NRIC) before or after you have booked a test date, you are required to update the changes with the Traffic Police Testing Section and the driving school before the test date. Otherwise you will be disqualified from taking your test.
The duration of each practical lesson is 120 minutes and the advantages are:
Fee per minute is cheaper for 120 minutes session compared to 100 minutes.
120 minutes session to acquire required skills faster and efficiently.
Fewer sessions to complete practical course.
Less frequent travel to attend practical lesson.
- The validity of your Provisional Driving Licence (PDL) must be updated in our system before you can book your practical driving lessons at the counter, self service kiosks located at Level 3 or through the internet.
- The duration of each practical lesson is 120 minutes.
- Student may be required to attend an average of 20 to 25 sessions of practical lessons to complete the driving course.
- Student may be required to attend more than the average number of practical lessons required if the minimum standard has not been attained.
- Student can book for a fixed instructor (FIS) to coach them. A fixed instructor surcharge of S$8.56 per session will be charged for each fixed instructor booking. In the event that the fixed instructor is not allocated for their practical lesson, the student will continue their practical lesson with another instructors and the surcharge will be credited back to the student account.
- Student is required to bring along your student training record booklet for every practical lesson. A valid Provisional Driving Licence (PDL) must be produced for every practical lesson in the circuit or road. No training or refund is allowed if you are unable to produce a valid PDL.
- Student must complete the final practical assessment, attended all theoretical lessons, possess a valid Final Theory test result slip and Provisional Driving Licence before they are allowed to book for the Traffic Police Practical Test.
- Cancellation of practical driving lesson appointments can be made from the self service kiosks or through the internet. It must be made at least 72 hours in advance from the time of your practical lesson appointment. If your practical driving lesson falls after a Public Holiday or SSDC rest days, cancellation must be made at least 96 hours in advance.
- When a cancellation is less than 72 hours, the student will use the try sell list to put up the slot for try sell and to monitor the status of the try sell. If the try sell is successful, the practical lesson is cancelled and the amount credited back to the student accounts. If the try sell is unsuccessful, the student is required to attend the practical driving lesson, otherwise the booking will be invalid.
- Medical certificate will not be accepted for refund or late cancellation of practical driving lesson.
- For pregnant student, you are required to get approval from your gynecologist and certify that you are fit for practical training. Please bring along the letter of certification from your gynecologist for every practical lesson.
- Student is advised to attend revision practical lesson before their practical test.
- Student must produce NRIC or Passport, a valid Provisional Driving Licence, student training record booklet and practical test payment receipt when attending the practical test. Foreigners must produce valid passport, work permit / employment pass etc.
- All practical tests are conducted at SSDC Woodlands Circuit.
- Please be punctual. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for their practical test.
- Student will be disqualified from the practical test if found to possessed more than one practical test date.
- With effect from 1 October 2008, there will be NO REFUND (inclusive of vehicle rental and warming up fees) for cancellation of practical test date.
- No multiple test bookings are allowed across any test centres.
- For pregnant student, you are required to get approval from your gynecologist and certify that you are fit to take the practical test. You have to submit the most recent certification letter to the Traffic Police Department on your practical test day.
Documents required when applying for Photocard Driving Licence
- 1 passport size colour photograph
- NRIC or passport
- A fee of $50.00
- A medical examination report, drivers from age 65 onwards
Passing your Traffic Police practical test
Upon passing your practical test, you will receive an application form for the photocard licence from our test centre. After paying the licence fee and submitting your recent passport size colour photograph, you will be issued with an acknowledgement slip. Your photocard licence will be sent to your address by registered mail about 2 weeks after application.
You can drive in Singapore immediately after receiving the acknowledgement slip. You are advised not to drive overseas until you have received your photocard licence. This is because foreign enforcement authorities may not recognize the acknowledgement slip.
If your photocard licence is lost or damaged, you may apply for a replacement licence at Traffic Police Department. The replacement fee is $25.00. You will have to sign a declaration form and surrender the original licence should it be found subsequently. It is an offence to have 2 driving licences.
Obtaining an additional Class of licence
When you obtain an additional class of licence, you can apply for a photocard licence at any of the testing centers or Traffic Police Department. The replacement fee is $25.00. Alternatively, you may choose the option of having a sticker pasted on the reverse side of the photocard licence to show the additional class of licence. This sticker will be available at any of the test centers or Traffic Police Department at no cost. If the endorsement sticker is damaged, you can obtain a replacement at the testing centers or Traffic Police Department at no cost.